Look here to find a quick answer to your problems and questions.
Nothing happens when I press the power button on the remote
- Make sure the power supply is properly connected, both to the wall outlet and to the Control Hub.
- Press the small volume button on the back side of the hub shortly to check if the hub turns on (status indicator on front lights up in white color)
The Control Hub status LED is flashing red
This is due to a short circuit somewhere in the speaker chain.
- Look at all your speaker terminals, both on Control Hub and speakers. Make sure that both poles are not touching each other. Also make sure that the metal housing of Flow series speakers or RCA connectors of Control Hub is not touching any speaker cable.
- Make sure the speakers are connected according to the user guide.
- Remove the power to the hub and re-apply it again
- Try connect only one speaker at a time. If only one of the speakers produces this error then a short circuit may be inside that speaker. Please contact your Opalum dealer.
The Control Hub is on but there is no sound from the speakers
- At first, please make sure that the volume setting of the Opalum system is not too low. Also make sure the volume of the source is raised. If you are using wireless streaming, make sure that the volume on your device is also turned up
- Try using the analog input with a known good source if you are experiencing this problem when using digital sources.
- For digital sources: Surround sound formats such as DTS, Dolby Digital etc. are not supported.
- If this problem occurs when using the coaxial digital input, try using an optical input if your source also has an optical output (and vice versa).